ALOR SETAR, MALAYSIA - A couple were injured after a cooking gas cylinder exploded in their home at Taman Impian, Kota Sarang Semut, some 20km from here.
Che Nah Abdul Rahman, 45, and her husband Yusni Othman, 35, sustained injuries on their hands, faces and bodies in the incident which occurred when Che Nah was preparing dinner at about 6.45pm on Wednesday.
A neighbour Rosmah Osman, 43, said she was talking with other neighbours when she heard a loud explosion.
"We rushed to the house and saw Che Nah running out and yelling for help. She then ran back to her husband who was trying to douse the fire," she said when met yesterday.
Rosmah said she then lent her fire extinguisher to a neighbour who helped put out the fire.
The couple were taken to the Sultanah Bahiyah Hospital.