SUBANG JAYA: POLICE believe missing boy William Yau Zhen Zhong is still around the Putra Heights area here.
This is based on intelligence reports and investigations which have shown that the 6-year-old has not left the area, where he was reported missing on Wednesday night.
All exit points at Putra Heights as well as surrounding areas are being closely monitored through footages from traffic cameras. The search is still confined to the area.
So far, police said there was no sign of William. The boy was last seen on Wednesday night in a yellow-T-shirt and dark-coloured shorts.
Federal Criminal Investigation Department director Datuk Seri Bakri Zinin said they were sure that the boy was being held by someone but the motive behind it is still unknown.
"It is possible that someone found him (William) but is afraid to hand him back to the family as they are afraid of getting into trouble.
"I urge whoever is holding William to return him to his parents immediately or send him to the nearest police station," Bakri said, adding that so far there were no ransom demands.
He lamented that the National Urgent Response (NUR) alert had also not received any strong leads so far on William's whereabouts.
Bakri said that efforts by the media, banks and non-governmental organisations to locate William meant a lot to police.
"This is what we had hoped for. This means the public is looking out for him."
William's parents, Yau Kok Kang, 38, and his wife Goh Ying Ying, 26, reported him missing after he was left in the car with his 7-year-old brother and 1-year-old sister around 8.30pm on Wednesday.
The family had stopped at an electronics store in Jalan Putra Mahkota 7/6C here to look for a new washing machine.
The three children were left in the car with the windows open.
When they returned 15 minutes later, William was nowhere to be seen.
Their older son then told them that William had gone looking for them because the sister had started crying.
William's father owns a motorcycle accessories shop while his mother is a housewife.