Information on how to participate and prize details form part of the Terms & Conditions.
By taking part in this contest, all persons participating herein agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- The contest is open to all registered AsiaOne members. Not a member yet? Register here.
- It will run from August 7 till August 26, 2009. Submission of entries should reach us before Aug 26, 2009, 2359 hours.
- To participate, send your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Entry details can be found in the AsiaOne forum contest thread, "Win $50 for yourself and your teacher".
- Only entries that are complete and correct will be deemed as eligible.
- In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an online response, the response will be deemed submitted by the authorised AsiaOne account holder.
- Winners will be notified via e-mail latest one week from the closing date.
- Winners are responsible for collecting their own Prizes. The date(s), time(s) and venue(s) of the collection will be notified via email.
- Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
- Employees and immediate families and agencies associated with this contest are ineligible to enter.
- The judges' decision on all matters relating to this contest will be final and binding on all persons participating in this Contest, and no correspondence will be entertained.
- Prizes must be utilised within the specified validity period and no requests for extensions will be entertained.
- SPH reserves the right to publish or display the photo submitted and the name, picture, identification card number and city of residence of the winners of this contest for advertising and publicity purposes.
General Terms & Conditions
- By entering into this Contest, participants agree that SPH, their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotions agencies, and their respective officers, directors, and employees shall not be liable for injury, loss, or damage of any kind resulting from participating in this draw or from the acceptance or use/misuse of the prize awarded. This includes, without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
- SPH, in their sole discretion, reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions, make prize substitutions or cancel this Contest without prior notice.
- SPH is not responsible for lost or misdirected entries, caused by telephone lines or systems or internet service providers, for entry responses received after the deadline as a consequence of telephone or internet service delays, interruptions, failures or overloads, or for any stolen, misplaced, or incomplete responses.
- SPH reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the registration process or the operation of the contest or the website, to be in violation of the Conditions of Access of the Web site, or to be acting in violation of the Computer Misuse Act or any other law or regulation.
- SPH reserves the right to pursue legal action against any individual believed to have undertaken fraudulent activities or other activities harmful to this contest, the entry submission process or the relevant web site.
- Participants also agree that SPH is not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to a participant or third party's computer relating to or resulting from this Contest and/or its prizes.
- SPH is not liable for damage to a user's computer system in any way due to a user's participation in the online Contest or downloading of any information in connection with the registration, including without limitation any server failure; lost, delayed or corrupted data or other malfunction.
- SPH reserves the right to modify or cancel this online Contest in the event that the platform becomes technically corrupted or unsuitable for use.