Jason Derulo pulls out of ST concert

American singer Jason Derulo has pulled out from The Straits Times Appreciates Readers (Star) concert on July 15.

One of four main acts slated to perform, Derulo is unable to make it to Singapore as he has signed on for a TV event in Australia, said Mr Keith Tan, his Singapore agent and chief executive of Slate Entertainment, reported The Straits Times (ST).

Mr Tan said: 'Jason sincerely apologises to the organisers and fans in Singapore and hopes to return soon to perform in Singapore.'

Singapore Press Holdings Marketing's head of customer service Tan Ooi Boon, said there was 'no indication' of a conflict in schedule when Derulo accepted the invitation early last month.

He said that they were sorry to disappoint Derulo's fans, and assured that fans will be given a full refund if they chose not to attend the concert.

Mr Tan Ooi Boon disclosed to ST that another popular artist will replace Derulo and details of this will be announced soon.

Other acts still on the programme include pop band Boys Like Girls, K-pop girl group 4Minute and Singapore Idol winners Taufik Batisah and Hady Mirza.

Those who wish to get refunds for their tickets can e-mail csd@sph.com.sg or call either 6319 2368 or 6319 2087.

natlim@sph.com.sg

Become a fan on Facebook