Sun Ho's been praised and razed after her husband and CHC leaders were charged with criminal breach of trust to support her music career. But what do people who know her and have worked with her say?
"I want you guys to know that Sun Ho is on the train to world domination."
- US choreographer Laurieanne Gibson, best known for her work with Lady Gaga, Diddy and Katy Perry and her reality show, Dance Scene. Uploaded on YouTube on Sept 30, 2009
"She's sharp, she's quick, she understands it. Let's get the list straight now - Beyonce, Destiny's Child, Lauryn Hill, Mary J Blige, Whitney Houston, Shakira, Sun... What all of these women have in common is that they all bring their culture, and exactly where they come from to the music, and they don't compromise where they come from and try to adapt to your style. So they're basically like, this is who I am and this is what I represent and I'm going to put my people on the map, and you're either going to ride with me, or not ride with me."
- Wyclef Jean, Haitian-American musician and record producer, talking on a video uploaded to video-sharing site Dailymotion on June 19, 2008. He produced China Wine.
"She's branding a great name here. Her music is very uplifting and emotional. She's doing the same genre as Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake, and she just needs more exposure."
- Deejay Mike Rizzo from New York radio station WKTU, in an interview with The New Paper in 2004.
"She was very authentic, polite and treated people well. This didn't change even after she became famous."
- Celebrity hairstylist and CEO of Monsoon Hair Group Addy Lee, who has known Ms Ho for more than 10 years, speaking to TNPS last week.
"I was depressed and had given up on everything. I just sent her a message to tell her goodbye. She was doing a show or something, but she immediately directed someone to call me. A team came to my home and helped me through the most difficult times of my life. After she was done with work, Sun called me and assured me that I could still call her anytime if I needed.
- CHC member Adeline Khoo, 45, who was on the verge of suicide and had sent Ms Ho a message about 10 years ago.
"She's media-savvy and knows how to offer the right answers to our questions. You don't get the feeling that she's pretentious, unlike some of the celebrities whom I have interviewed. But what I found strange was that when she (and Kong Hee) moved into their previous home at River Valley, they were the ones who contacted us and offered us the story."
- U Weekly's entertainment reporter Darien Choong, 36, who has interviewed Ms Ho several times since she first launched her album.
"I had hate mail from some of her supporters and church members. I described the album as 'tasteless' and 'a waste of money'. But I met Sun at an event (after the second bad review) and when she knew who I was, she said, 'I'll keep working hard and I'm confident one day I'll change your mind.' I was impressed, but sadly, that chance never came. And I don't think she can revive her singing career now."
- Retired freelance music reviewer George Tan, 54, who panned two of her albums, Sun With Love and Embrace, in the now-defunct Woman's World.
This article was first published in The New Paper.