IPOH - The family of one of the food poisoning victims in Gerik will stop eating laksa.
The younger brother of Abdul Rahim Abdul Manaf, 28, who died from food poisoning after eating laksa on Saturday, said his family was traumatised by the incident.
"We may not be eating laksa again after this.
"I lost my brother and my family members were ill because of it.
"I understand the cause for the food poisoning was due to Salmonella," he said.
The younger brother, who declined to be named, said the family would not take any action against the food stall owner in Kampung Landak, Kupang, Kedah.
"We have thought about it, but our father Abdul Manan Abdul Hamid reminded us to accept God's will," he said.
He added that Abdul Manan, 58, and another family member, currently being treated at the Gerik Hospital, are recovering and getting stable.
"I understand that the bacteria has spread to my father's liver but he is recovering. The hospital is still monitoring his condition," he said.
It was reported that two people died from food poisoning on Saturday after eating laksa bought from a stall in Baling, Kedah.
The other victim was Raseah Ali Musa, 70, from Kampung Kerunai, Gerik.
Meanwhile, Perak Health director Dr Ding Lay Ming said there were now four people affected by eating the tainted laksa, currently being treated at the hospital in Gerik.
She said all were in stable condition but needed to be monitored.
"All health clinics and hospitals have been notified to inform the district health department immediately if they find more cases related to the incident," she said.