A Singapore press holdings portal

Asia

Sunday, Jun 29, 2014

Asia

Rotten ginger fumes blamed in 5 deaths

China Daily/ANN | Sunday, Jun 29, 2014

Five people harvesting ginger died on Friday when heavy rain caused a rotten patch of the root to emit poisonous carbon monoxide, local authorities said.

A couple in Dafeng village of Qimen county, Anhui province were found unresponsive on Friday morning in a pit used for storing ginger, a spokesman with the county government said.

Three villagers who tried to pull them out fell unconscious and died before others called the police.

No comments yet.
Be the first to post comment.