SELENGOR - The man who allegedly killed his seven-year-old daughter and badly wounded two others in a rampage then tried to commit suicide.
Kajang OCPD Asst Comm Abdul Rashid Abdul Wahab said when police found the man, shortly after the incident, about 300m from his house at Bandar Baru Bangi, he was bleeding from his head and hands.
"We also found a rock with blood on it and we believe that he tried to kill himself by hitting himself with the rock," he said.
He said that while the man had no record of any mental illness, he did not show any emotion over his actions.
"He is being treated at Kajang Hospital and he is able to talk but so far there has been no emotion from him," he said when met at the seven-year-old girl's funeral at Sungai Tangkas Muslim cemetery on Friday.
The man has been remanded until Feb 2.
ACP Abdul Rashid said both the wounded sisters, aged 10 and 12, are in stable condition.
"The elder sister who is admitted in Hospital Kuala Lumpur, had her left thumb severed in the attack and we were not able to reattach it.