Dec 17, 2013
Flight no: MH170
Plane: Boeing 737-800
Location: Kuala Lumpur International Airport, Sepang
Cause: Air vortex
INCIDENTS INVOLVING THE BOEING 777-200
- August 2005 - Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777 flying from Perth, Australia, to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. While 11,580m above the Indian Ocean, the plane's software incorrectly measured speed and acceleration, causing the plane to suddenly shoot up 915m.
- January 2008 - British Airways flight from Beijing crashed on final approach to London Heathrow. Engines lost power due to ice contamination in fuel.
- July 29, 2011 - An EgyptAir 777-200ER suffered a cockpit fire while parked at the gate at Cairo International Airport.
- August 2012 - Same MAS Boeing 777-200 collided with tail of China Eastern Airlines Airbus A-340 while taxiing in Shanghai. Wing broke off and hung on the tail of the A-340.
- July 2013 - Asiana Airlines plane crashed on landing at San Francisco International Airport after flight from Incheon Airport, South Korea. Three people died and more than 180 were injured. The case is still under investigation
Get The New Paper for more stories.